The Fun That Was Peace Corps Guyana - Mark's Blog

Postings from just north of the equator. Let's see if training in CPR and First Aid prepares me to teach Health Education in a small, remote village in Guyana. I'm thinking... no. Read all about this ill advised decision! In addition, here is the required Peace Corps disclaimer: "The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the US government or the Peace Corps." So, please, don't confuse me with the White House Press Secretary.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Newest Plans

Since people seem to constantly ask me when exactly I am finally leaving the country, I guess I might as well actually take advantage of this blog and actually disseminate pertinent information. I mean, this is why I have this thing, right? So my new plane reservations are on Tuesday Feb 28th. I have an afternoon flight to Miami, where I get to sit through lectures on how not to incite "international incidents," get shot up with drugs like I was kicking it in the Tenderloin (random SF reference - sorry), and generally have a surreal last three days in an industrialized country. Then I hop onto a flight to Georgetown, Guyana on Friday with 19 of my new favorite people in the world.

And I know that you are just dying to know what I'm doing with myself right now. Well.............. yeah. That's about it. I'm very much up with the latest about how Dick Cheney, the Vice President of the United States of America, shot a 78 year old man in the face with a shotgun. (I just like writing that whole sentence out. Am I sociopath if I smile every time I think about it?) I know what's going on with the Olympics before NBC shows it to me on about a ten hour tape delay. I guess all this is to say that I'm doing much with myself right now. But I guess that's been the story all along. So no news here. And thanks to all who put up with me during my clandestine second trip to Seattle. I apologize to anyone I didn't see in my few days there. I didn't have a car, so my movement was limited. Excuses, excuses. You'd think with all my time sitting around I would come up with some more exciting, adventurous lies as to why I didn't see people. But remember, I'm uncommonly lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home