The Fun That Was Peace Corps Guyana - Mark's Blog

Postings from just north of the equator. Let's see if training in CPR and First Aid prepares me to teach Health Education in a small, remote village in Guyana. I'm thinking... no. Read all about this ill advised decision! In addition, here is the required Peace Corps disclaimer: "The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the US government or the Peace Corps." So, please, don't confuse me with the White House Press Secretary.

Friday, November 25, 2005

The Inaguaral Post

Alright, this is the inagural post on my new blog. I won't say much except what it going to happen soon. I'm leaving for Guyana (that's in South America for those not hip to all the former British colonies) at the end of January. I'm passing through Miami, where I will have three days of staging. Then off to Georgetown, Guyana for three months. Then someone will decided to send me to somewhere - no one will know until the end of training, when they've supposedly sized me up and decided the best place for me. And then I'm doing damage South American style until the end of May, 2008! Get excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home