The Fun That Was Peace Corps Guyana - Mark's Blog

Postings from just north of the equator. Let's see if training in CPR and First Aid prepares me to teach Health Education in a small, remote village in Guyana. I'm thinking... no. Read all about this ill advised decision! In addition, here is the required Peace Corps disclaimer: "The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the US government or the Peace Corps." So, please, don't confuse me with the White House Press Secretary.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Done!

As of yesterday, I am no longer a Peace Corps Volunteer. I have finished my two years, so I am now a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer. All of us who are leaving feel mixed up emotions - pride and a sense of accomplishment, but sadness about leaving a place we called home for two years. It is definitely bitter sweet. But that's okay - overall, I feel pretty proud of myself. I think we all do.

Okay, I wish I could write more, but my time is limited here. I'm about to start a month and half of traveling around Panama, Ecuador, and Colombia with a few other Peace Corps Volunteers from my group. I'll try to write as I travel.